Pediatric infectious disease treatment in Denver
Infections and diseases affecting children can range from a common virus like the flu to complex cases of tuberculosis or meningitis. The skilled pediatric infectious disease (ID) doctors within the Rocky Mountain Pediatric Specialists medical group provide in-depth care for children of all ages in the Greater Denver area who have disorders caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites.
Our ID specialists create effective treatment plans for each patient designed to help them feel their best and let them get back to being a kid as quickly as possible.
For more information about our infectious disease services for kids or to talk with a specialist, call us at (303) 393-4300.
Pediatric infectious diseases we treat
Our board-certified physicians specialize in the clinical use of antibiotics and antimicrobial agents in children to treat a wide range of infections and diseases, from acute (short-term) cases to chronic conditions that require ongoing management.
Conditions we treat include but are not limited to:
- Cat scratch fever — bacterial infection caught from an infected cat
- Community-acquired methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) — bacterial infection resistant to antibiotics
- Enteroviruses — viruses that start in the gastrointestinal tract
- Fever with rash — agents (bacteria, viruses) causing high body temperatures and skin blisters
- Meningitis — inflammation of the thin tissue covering the brain and spinal cord
- Neonatal herpes simplex virus (HSV) — herpes given to babies by their mother during delivery
- Persistent or recurrent fever — infections that occur repeatedly such as bronchitis, urinary tract infections
- Pneumonia — infection in the lungs
- Skin and soft tissue infections — inflammation in the skin or areas caused by an agent (bacteria, parasites)
Treatments and services we offer
We provide a wide range of ID evaluation and treatment services, including screening for and assistance in managing congenital and secondary immune disorders, heart and bloodstream infections, deep-seated and musculoskeletal infections.
We understand caring for children with infections may require many medical approaches. These treatments include:
- Antibiotic and antiviral management for infections of skin, bones, joints, heart, lungs, kidneys and soft tissues
- Central nervous system infection management
- Diagnostic work-up of infections from viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites
- Post-organ transplantation treatment
- Treatment of infections related to congenital immune and acquired immune deficiencies
- Vaccine recommendations, including travel-related vaccinations
When needed, our ID physicians partner with other medical specialists to ensure your child receives the most comprehensive care possible.