Visiting Hours at Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Colorado Springs
Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
6965 Tutt Blvd., Suite 210
Colorado Springs, CO 80923
Phone: (303) 301-9010
About Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Colorado Springs
The team at Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Colorado Springs has specialized training and experience in diagnosing and treating simple to complex pediatric kidney disorders. We are dedicated to providing high-quality care using a hands-on, family-centered approach. Our offices treat infants, children and teens for all types of kidney disorders.
To speak with one of our experienced nephrologists, call our office at (303) 301-9010.
Pediatric kidney care in Colorado Springs, Colorado
At Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Colorado Springs, we know kidneys, and we know kids. We believe in treating kids like kids, not young adults. We strive to make our patients feel comfortable and work hard to help them understand their health needs. Every child has different needs when it comes to kidney care and that's why we begin with a thorough evaluation of your child's unique medical history before developing a personalized treatment plan.
We believe in providing your child with the most comprehensive care possible and through our partnership with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, we are able to offer additional pediatric kidney treatment at their facility.
Pediatric kidney conditions we treat
We can treat both common and rare kidney problems in children. Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Alport syndrome
- Bartter syndrome
- Chronic kidney disease
- Early diabetic kidney disease
- End-stage kidney disease
- Fanconi syndrome
- Gitelman syndrome
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura nephritis
- Hypertension/high blood pressure, including neonatal hypertension
- IgA nephropathy
- Acute kidney failure
- Kidney stones
- Lupus nephritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Polycystic kidney disease and other cystic kidney conditions
- Post-infectious glomerulonephritis
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine)
Pediatric nephrology services
Our pediatric kidney doctors offer a wide range of pediatric nephrology services to improve your child's quality of life. Our services include:
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Clinic and hospital-based consultation for infants, children and adolescents
- Home-based peritoneal dialysis program
- Initial testing and referral for kidney transplantation
- Kidney biopsy
- Perinatal consultation
- Post-surgical kidney transplant care
Additional Services offered at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center:
- Acute dialysis
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
- Peritoneal dialysis
Visiting our pediatric nephrology clinic
Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Colorado Springs is conveniently located just off Templeton Gap Road in Colorado Springs. We offer ample parking in the parking lots next to our building.
How to schedule an appointment
A physician referral from your primary care physician is often necessary to ensure that you are being seen by a specialist who is trained to treat your child's specific condition and in a timeframe appropriate for their medical condition. Additional authorization from your insurance company may be required, so please check with them ahead of your appointment. If authorization is required, please contact your primary care physician before your appointment so they can provide authorization.
We offer appointments at our Colorado Springs clinic four days per month. If you would like to make an appointment with us at this location please call us at (303) 301-9010.
What to bring to your appointment
- A referral from your primary care physician
- Records from your child's visits to the primary care physician, visits to other specialty physicians, emergency room visits and previous hospitalizations/surgeries related to their medical problem
- Test results/reports related to your child's medical problem, including CT scan, kidney ultrasound, VCUG, renal scan, blood testing and urine testing
- All medication bottles so that we can verify your medications
- Your insurance card and your co-payment for the visit
When to arrive for your appointment
If this is your first visit to our clinic, please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to fill out paperwork. If you download the required forms and complete them before the appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early so that we can verify the information and collect your co-payment.
Because the information on these forms is critical to helping us do a thorough evaluation, we strongly recommend you fill them out beforehand so your time with our providers can be as productive as possible for both parties.
For follow-up visits, please arrive 15 minutes early to allow enough time to verify any changes in your information as well as collect your co-payment.
What to expect during your visit
You will always meet with a doctor during your clinic visit. For your first appointment, we schedule extra time to get to know your child. You will have about 45 to 60 minutes with the doctor for your first visit.
Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Colorado Springs provides comprehensive pediatric nephrology care in two locations. In addition to our Colorado Springs location, we also provide excellent kidney care at our main location:
Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Denver
Our Denver location is open Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
The address is:
2055 North High St, Suite 270
Denver, CO 80205