2055 North High St, Suite 270
Denver, CO 80205
Phone: (303) 301-9010
About Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Denver
At Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Denver, we know kidneys, and we know kids. Affiliated with the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, our team of pediatric kidney doctors has the advanced training and professional experience to treat your child. We treat infants, children and teens for all types of kidney disorders in a relaxed, kid-friendly environment.
To speak with one of our experienced nephrologists, call our office at (303) 301-9010 to schedule an appointment.
Pediatric kidney specialists in Denver
We believe in patient- and family-centered care. We treat each kid like a kid and not as a young adult. Every child is unique, so our team starts with an in-depth evaluation of each patient before developing an individualized treatment plan for your child.
Pediatric nephrology conditions we treat
We are committed to providing compassionate, individualized care for each patient and family who comes through our doors. We are experienced in treating common and rare kidney problems in children. Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Alport syndrome
- Bartter syndrome
- Chronic kidney disease
- Early diabetic kidney disease
- End-stage kidney disease
- Fanconi syndrome
- Gitelman syndrome
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura nephritis
- Hypertension/high blood pressure, including neonatal hypertension
- IgA nephropathy
- Acute kidney failure
- Kidney stones
- Lupus nephritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Polycystic kidney disease and other cystic kidney conditions
- Post-infectious glomerulonephritis
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine)
Pediatric nephrology services
Our pediatric kidney doctors offer a wide range of pediatric nephrology services to improve each child's quality of life. Our services include:
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Clinic and hospital-based consultation for infants, children and adolescents
- Home peritoneal dialysis program
- Initial testing and referral for kidney transplantation
- Kidney biopsy
- Perinatal consultation
- Post-surgical kidney transplant care
Additional Services offered at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center:
- Acute dialysis
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
- Peritoneal dialysis
Visiting our pediatric nephrology clinic
Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Denver is conveniently located next to Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children. Garage parking is available in the back of our building that is accessible from High Street.
How to schedule an appointment
A physician referral from your primary care physician is often necessary to ensure that you are being seen by a specialist who is trained to treat your child's specific condition and in a timeframe appropriate for their medical condition. Additional authorization from your insurance company may be required, so please check with them ahead of your appointment. If authorization is required, please contact your primary care physician before your appointment so they can provide authorization.
Our Denver clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. If you would like to make an appointment please call us at (303) 301-9010.
What to bring to your appointment
- A referral from your primary care physician
- Records from your child's visits to the primary care physician, visits to other specialty physicians, emergency room visits and previous hospitalizations/surgeries related to their medical problem
- Test results/reports related to your child's medical problem, including CT scan, kidney ultrasound, VCUG, renal scan, blood testing and urine testing
- All medication bottles so that we can verify your medications
- Your insurance card and your co-payment for the visit
When to arrive for your appointment
If this is your first visit to our clinic, please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to fill out paperwork. If you download the required forms and complete them before the appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early so that we can verify the information and collect your co-payment.
Because the information on these forms is critical to helping us do a thorough evaluation, we strongly recommend you fill them out beforehand so your time with our providers can be as productive as possible for both parties.
For follow-up visits, please arrive 15 minutes early to allow enough time to verify any changes in your information as well as collect your co-payment.
What to expect during your visit
You will always meet with a doctor during your clinic visit. For your first appointment, we schedule extra time to get to know your child. You will have about 45 to 60 minutes with the doctor for your first visit.
Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Denver provides comprehensive pediatric nephrology care in two locations. In addition to our main clinic in Denver, we also provide excellent kidney care at the following location:
Rocky Mountain Pediatric Kidney Center - Colorado Springs
Our Colorado Springs office only offers appointments four days per month.
The address is:
6965 Tutt Blvd., Suite 210
Colorado Springs, CO 80923