About Rocky Mountain Pediatric Surgery - Colorado Springs
At Rocky Mountain Pediatric Surgery — Colorado Springs, we are committed to providing the most advanced children's surgical care for babies to teens. Our highly experienced and well-respected physicians perform surgery at the Penrose/St. Francis Medical Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
For more information about our services or to find a pediatric surgeon, please call us at (303) 839-6001.
Pediatric surgical specialists in Colorado Springs
Our pediatric surgeons are board-certified and fellowship-trained. Our doctors are recognized for their ability to deliver effective treatments with positive outcomes.
Our specialty is minimally invasive techniques that minimize pain and risk. We are constantly updating surgical techniques to diminish the scars and pain that come with an operation by expanding the capabilities of minimally invasive surgery.
Leaders in pediatric surgery
Rocky Mountain Pediatric Surgery leads the world by performing the most:
- Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplications in infants and children
- Neonatal minimally invasive surgeries
- Thoracoscopic lung resections in infants and children
(Reported by peer reviewed journals)
The first in the world to provide:
- MIS operating suite for pediatrics
- Thoracoscopic esophageal atresia (EA) with tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF) repair
- Thoracoscopic lobectomy
The first in the United States to complete:
- Laparoscopic repair of duodenal atresia
The first in Colorado/Rocky Mountain Region to complete:
- Diaphragmatic hernia repair (minimally invasive CDH repair)
- Laparoscopic appendecomty in a child
- Laparascopic cholecystectomy in a child
- Laparoscopic Nissen
- Laparoscopic pull through – for imperforate anus/Hirschsprung's disease
- Thoracoscopic patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) closure
- Thoracoscopic vascular ring repair
- Laparascopic pyloromyotomy
- Laparascopic splenectomy
- First single-site surgery
Services we offer
We perform a number of services for kids. When your child needs specialized surgery like cardiac or ear, nose and throat procedures, consulting with pediatric experts in our network, Rocky Mountain Pediatric Specialists, allows us to add an extra level of care. Patients have access to services including:
- Dynamic compression device brace (corrects chest wall abnormalities)
- General surgery
- Hernia repair
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Neonatal surgery
Conditions we treat
Some of the common conditions we provide surgical treatment for include:
- Chest wall abnormalities
- Congenital defects, including congenital pulmonary airway malformation (CPAM)
- Esophageal atresia (EA)
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Neonatal and perinatal disorders
Visiting our surgical offices
Rocky Mountain Pediatric Surgery — Colorado Springs is located on the Penrose Hospital/St. Francis Health Center campus in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We're located near N. Powers Boulevard and E. Woodman Road. Parking is available near our offices.
Our hours of operation are: We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm
How to schedule an appointment
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we ask that you call at least 24 hours in advance. We make every effort to stay on schedule, although we understand emergencies arise.
New patients are asked to arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork. You can download, print and complete the forms prior to your appointment. Please bring the completed forms, a list of all medications your child is currently taking, recent copies of x-rays, lab results, photo ID and your insurance card to your appointment.
Rocky Mountain Pediatric Surgery provides comprehensive surgical care in five locations. In addition to our Colorado Springs office, we also provide surgical services at the following locations:
2055 North High St, Suite 370
Denver, CO 80205
1808 North Boise Ave, Suite 120, POD B I
Loveland, CO 80538
10107 Ridge Gate Parkway, Suite 310
Lone Tree, CO 80124
181 West Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657